Aged Letter Piece -Brass-
Aged Letter Piece -Brass-
brass cutout nameplate
This is a brass nameplate from "KOTOBUKU", a brass nameplate maker in Osaka that shines with fine metal processing technology. Since it has been aged, you can immediately enjoy the deep color of brass.
Please select your favorite type from two types: an underline type with a design that looks like an underline under the letters, and a loose letter type that allows you to place the letters yourself.
In addition, you can choose the length of the pin depending on the mounting method. Select a pin length of 32mm on the back if you want to float it from the wall, and a pin length of 15mm if you want to install it close to the wall. If you choose 32mm, a spacer is included for floating.
[Made-to-order product] (Delivery date: about 1 to 2 months)
Surface Finish: Hand Scratched (Aged) Wax Finish
Font: Mincho / Gothic * Please refer to the font sample .
Accessories: Nameplate body, original size manuscript for installation, spacer (if pin length 32mm is selected) *The pin will be sent with it attached.
Pin: M2.6 bolt type (threaded), choose 32mm or 15mm length.
M2.6 tap processing on the back of letters, 2 places per letter
Spacer: Included when pin length 32mm is selected.
Length 10mm, thickness φ3.8mm, nickel plating (made of brass)
[Underline type specifications]
Size: Bar length 270mm (character width 240mm), thickness 3mm
*Please refer to the character size image chart (underline type) .
Number of characters: Up to 10 characters (uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers)
*It cannot be increased to 11 characters or more.
String Alignment: The name part will be centered on the base.
[Rose character type specifications]
Character size: Height approx. 41-44mm, thickness 3mm
- The price is per character, and the total price changes according to the number of characters.
- Aging processing (hand scratch aging) tends to change quickly over time.
- Each piece has a different color and texture.
- It will be shipped with a pin attached to the back. (removable)
- When installing with pins (directly attached/floating letters), drilling (2 places) is required on the installation wall. Please ask your dealer for installation.
- The pin can be removed, but we do not encourage repeated attachment and detachment.
- There is no image drawing creation.
[Reference material download]
About brass and aging
- Products made from solid brass will change color over time. Please understand it as a characteristic of the material.
- Aging does not always occur uniformly across the product, and unevenness may occur at first. It takes time to get used to the whole thing, so please enjoy the process.
- In places where it is exposed to rain or splashes of water, the surface may have a pattern of raindrops.
- Parts touched with bare hands may cause discoloration, so it is recommended to wear unused gloves made of soft material when handling.
- If you want to slow down the aging process, apply beeswax on a regular basis to give it a glossy look and keep it in the same condition as when it was delivered. (* Beeswax cannot be used on clear coated products. Wipe off with a dry cloth. )
* Secular change may occur before delivery. Please understand beforehand as a characteristic of the material.
*The method and speed of change will vary depending on the installation environment.
* Strong changes may occur in areas where there is a possibility of salt damage.
- If you are concerned about dust or dirt, wipe it with a soft, dry cloth. If the dirt is strong, you can wipe it with water, but be sure to wipe it with a dry cloth at the end.
- If patina (a type of blue-green rust) develops and bothers you, gently polish it with a brass polishing cloth. Please refrain from wiping with chemicals as it may cause uneven wiping.
- If rain or hand prints become black, the blackened area is not dirt but a chemical change, so it cannot be wiped off. Such traces overlap to create an antique texture. As time passes and the overall color changes to a deeper color, the marks will become less noticeable, so please keep an eye on it for a while.
- If you are concerned about the changed color or the pattern caused by splashing water, you can use a metal polish such as Picard to restore it to a clean state. Please use it above.
- Many detergents and chemicals have an effect on metals, so please carefully read the usage precautions printed on the product before using them for maintenance.