A simple brass mailbox with no waste
A cool post that fits the atmosphere of a modern home. Despite its stylish appearance, it holds a lot of mail. For those who are worried about crime prevention, we also have locks available.
Unlike posts made of iron, stainless steel, aluminum, etc., the characteristic of brass posts is that they become more tasteful with age.
[Made-to-order product] (Delivery date: about 2 months)
- Wide type: W350 H240 D125
- High type: W260 H330 D148
- Slim type: W330 H255 D78
Material: Brass, Stainless (back)
Weight: about 4kg
Delivery time: about 2 months (after confirmation of payment)
Installation method: It is relatively easy to install if you have the installation tools, but basically we recommend that you install it by a contractor.
- Each one is made by hand, so the color will be different each time. note that.
- Due to the use of solid brass, the color will change over time. Please understand it as a characteristic of the material. For more information on handling brass products, please click here .
- Due to the manufacturing process, there may be discoloration due to welding on the back or bottom, but please note that this is not a defective product.
- Mounting screws are not included. Please prepare by yourself.
[Option] *Please select the following items when ordering.
① Type ( Wide / High / Slim )
② Color (modern / antique)
* Antique colors tend to oxidize (turn black) quickly.
③ Front type ( Standard / POST (character notation) / 〒 (symbol notation))
(4) Presence or absence of clear coating (no coating / glossy coating / matte coating)
Without coating... The speed of aging is faster With coating... The speed of aging is slower
* Please think that the painting is only to delay the oxidation (blackening).
*For those who want to enjoy the change over time, and those who live near the sea, we recommend painting (because salt accelerates oxidation).
*If you are concerned about stains such as finger marks and water stains even a little, please choose painting.
*Color may vary slightly due to painting. Please note.
* Matte paint has a matte texture, but the color changes quickly.
*Painting is only for the outside.
⑤ Nameplate plate (None / name only +8,800 yen / name + address +11,000 yen)
Name only... Size: W65 x H9 mm / Upper case alphabet only / Up to 10 characters Name + Address... Size: W65 x H18 mm / Numbers and hyphens only / Up to 8 characters
* If you would like a nameplate plate, please let us know the plate mounting position by number referring to the table below.
⑥With or without key (without key / with key +11,000 yen)
* Slim type with key cannot be selected.
About brass and aging
- Products made from solid brass will change color over time. Please understand it as a characteristic of the material.
- Aging does not always occur uniformly across the product, and unevenness may occur at first. It takes time to get used to the whole thing, so please enjoy the process.
- In places where it is exposed to rain or splashes of water, the surface may have a pattern of raindrops.
- Parts touched with bare hands may cause discoloration, so it is recommended to wear unused gloves made of soft material when handling.
- If you want to slow down the aging process, apply beeswax on a regular basis to give it a glossy look and keep it in the same condition as when it was delivered. (* Beeswax cannot be used on clear coated products. Wipe off with a dry cloth. )
* Secular change may occur before delivery. Please understand beforehand as a characteristic of the material.
*The method and speed of change will vary depending on the installation environment.
* Strong changes may occur in areas where there is a possibility of salt damage.
- If you are concerned about dust or dirt, wipe it with a soft, dry cloth. If the dirt is strong, you can wipe it with water, but be sure to wipe it with a dry cloth at the end.
- If patina (a type of blue-green rust) develops and bothers you, gently polish it with a brass polishing cloth. Please refrain from wiping with chemicals as it may cause uneven wiping.
- If rain or hand prints become black, the blackened area is not dirt but a chemical change, so it cannot be wiped off. Such traces overlap to create an antique texture. As time passes and the overall color changes to a deeper color, the marks will become less noticeable, so please keep an eye on it for a while.
- If you are concerned about the changed color or the pattern caused by splashing water, you can use a metal polish such as Picard to restore it to a clean state. Please use it above.
- Many detergents and chemicals have an effect on metals, so please carefully read the usage precautions printed on the product before using them for maintenance.